The Champions League draw for the group stage is done and Chelsea who were in pot 2 have been drawn to face Spanish side Sevilla, FC Krasnodar and Ligue one’s Stade Rennais in the UEFA Champions League group stage this season.
We drew Sevilla were from Pot 1, Krasnodar from pot 3 and Rennes from pot 4.SEE HOW OUR STANDINGS IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
observation from the draw
We have to admit that it is a really easy one for us this year. Last year when we were in pot 1, it came out much difficult than this. We had to play Valencia, Ajax and Lille but being drawn with Sevilla, Krasnodar and Rennes this time, coming out top should be much more easier for us.
Talking points about chelsea in the draw
- Mendy to face former Club Rennes
- No Real Madrid yet means we won’t be playing against Eden Hazard for now tho many fans wanted it to happen
- Drogba wins the 2020 UEFA President’s Award
- Chelsea tipped to come out top of their Champions League Group after a fairly easy draw compare to Manchester United
talking points in the draw overall
- Messi and Ronaldo clash as Juventus is drawn with FC barcelona
- Manchester United to face PSG
- Lewandowski wins UEFA Men’s Player and UCL forward of the season
- Kevin De Bruyne win UCL Midfielder of the season
- Joshua Kimmich wins UCL defender of the season
SEE FULL RESULT OF THE FULL DRAW BELOW
When will the UCL group stage begin?
The Champions League 2020-21 group stage starts with games on Tuesday October 20 and Wednesday October 21.
There will be a total of six gameweeks in the group stage, with the last cluster of matches taking place on Tuesday December 8 and Wednesday December 9.
Leave your thoughts about the overall draw and Chelsea’s opponents in the comment section below