Eden Hazard makes final Chelsea transfer decision after latest Newcastle snub

Advert!! (Post Continues Below)

Real Madrid flop and Chelsea club legend Eden Hazard doesn’t view a return to west London this month as an ‘option’ despite rejecting a recent proposal from Newcastle United.

Hazard, 31, has dropped many hints over the last few months with current manager Carlo Ancelotti that has hinted at potential unrest in the Spanish capital including his toned down reaction to the Supercopa win over Athletic Bilbao last weekend.

Those hints coupled with his actions off the pitch had made Blues fans hope that there could be something in the pipeline with Thomas Tuchel and co desperately needing help in the attacking sense, as demonstrated in the drab 1-1 Brighton draw on Tuesday night in the Premier League.

Advert!! (Post Continues Below)

Hazard had initially rejected a proposal from the Saudi run Toon army despite reports in Spain claiming that a deal had been ‘accepted’.

For more context on this said offer, Spanish publication Nacional claims that Newcastle have made a €40m (£33m) offer plus another €10m (£8.3m) in ‘variables’ to attempt to bring Hazard back to the Premier League from Real.

Furthermore, the €50m (£41.3m) offer from Newcastle ‘met the expectations’ of Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, who accepted their offer.

However, it’s said the 31-year-old rejected the proposal.

This was a development that really excited Chelsea fans who believed that their legend was waiting for Marina Granovskaia and Roman Abramovich to approach him before vacating the Spanish capital.

In spite of the clear hints of unrest and unhappiness at the Los Blancos, it seems as though despite Real being open to listening to offers in the region of £23million as per Diario AS, the winger himself has decided to stick it out until the end of the season.

This is according to Spanish outlet Marca who has titled their latest update on the situation ‘Hazard prefers to wait’ when translated to English.

The report goes on to add that he doesn’t have too many ‘proposals’ on the table to ponder with.

Marca wrote: “His performance has declined since that fatal kick from Meunier and, despite constant rumours, he is not an option for Chelsea, with whom he has a very close relationship. Nor for the new Newcastle, which is looking for another profile to try to save the category.

“And, of course, the attacker’s high salary does not make it easy for him to fit into a hypothetical destination.”

Kylian Mbappe’s imminent summer signing signals a ‘goodbye’ for Hazard in the long-term with Club President Florentino Perez keen to move Madrid’s number 7 off the wage bill, in order to accommodate the PSG star.

Advert!! (Post Continues Below)

So, it’s goodbye, but not now for Hazard who has seemingly made his intentions clear amid Thomas Tuchel’s attacking crisis.

The European Champions have struggled in recent Premier League outings with attacking chemistry and this was apparent with Hakim Ziyech and Romelu Lukaku’s argument during the most recent Brighton draw on the south coast.

Blues fans were therefore hoping that Hazard would come to the rescue to add that extra flare and hopefully form that rapport with the £97.5m man but that dream will have to be shelved until the summer at the very least it seems.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.